Posted on: 15 February, 2021
At Alert Level 2 it is safe for children and staff to attend school with appropriate measures in place to keep children and staff safe.
Along with the normal high standards we expect of behaviour and respect at Berkley, we are implementing the following plans so that Berkley is a safe place for all. Please take time to talk through the following requirements with your child:
- Children and staff who are sick are to stay at home. Children will be sent home immediately if they show any symptoms of being unwell.
- All students will be expected to use high standards of hand hygiene - That is washing hands regularly with soap and water, especially after toileting and hand sanitising when entering and exiting all teaching spaces (All classroom spaces have supplies of sanitiser).
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue or elbow and then performing hand hygiene.
- Students may choose to wear a mask if they wish to do so.
- We expect that all our learners will ensure to follow the physical distance expectations. Hugs and handshakes are not appropriate at this time.
- Our site will have a strict cleaning schedule with surfaces regularly wiped and sanitised. Along with the daily, detailed clean by our CrestClean team, all classes will have a daily protocol for wiping down hard surfaces and shared devices.
- The canteen will be open. There is to be no sharing of food, including shared lunches.
- Use of drinking fountains is permitted, however we are encouraging students to bring their own named water bottle.
- School gatherings, including school assemblies and team huis will not go ahead at this alert level.
- Out of school programmes such as Out Of School Music, CMD Dance and MathZwise are able to continue at Alert Level 2. School sports practices continue. Parents and caregivers are asked to ask to not come in and watch practices.
- School buses will operate as usual. Masks are not mandatory on school buses but students can wear them if they wish.
Parents, whānau and visitors to the school grounds:
Whilst this latest news is not ideal, we are prepared for this. We have done this before and will do this again. Going hard and going early is the best way that we can keep each other safe. We can do this!
Nga mihi nui koutou,
All visitors to the school grounds, including parents and whanau, are required to report to the school office in the first instance.
Email and phone contact is our preferred method of contact during Alert Level 2.
Posters with QR codes will be displayed around the school. We encourage visitors to use the official NZ Government COVID 19 Tracing App.